High Tech Early College participates in the DPS school choice enrollment process. The enrollment period for the 2017-18 school year is now open. Students interested in enrolling at High Tech Early College may do so by completing a school choice form. DPS School Choice Round One opens January 5 and closes January 31, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Please click here for pre-enrollment forms and more Choice Office information. Below are three easy steps for applying online:
If you are new to DPS and wish to participate in online School Choice Round 1 for the 2017-18 school year, you must fill out a Pre-Enrollment Form. Be ready on Jan. 5, 2017!
- Make sure your child has a student ID number. To obtain a student ID, fill out the Pre-Enrollment Form (click here for English and here for Spanish to print or download) and take it to any DPS school.
- Once you have a student ID, go myportal.dpsk12.org and sign up for a Parent Portal account.
- Fill out the School Choice form online beginning Jan. 5, 2017! The Round 1 deadline is 4 p.m. Jan. 31, 2017.
Parents can also complete the School Choice enrollment form by logging into their DPS Parent Portal Account. To Create Your DPS Parent Portal Account
- Visit https://myportal.dpsk12.org.
- Click on “Getting Started” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Follow the instructions to set up your account.
For more information visit the DPS Choice and Enrollment Services page at http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/ You can also contact the Far Northeast Enrollment Center to inquire about enrollment at High Tech Early College. Call the Far Northeast Enrollment Center, located at the Evie Dennis Campus 4800 Telluride St. Building 5, Room 144 Denver, CO 80249. Phone: 720-423-7627
Student Shadow Days
All tours and student shadows must be scheduled and approved in advance by assistant principal, Beth Kenny. This will ensure minimal disruption of instruction and allow visitors to capture all of the essential elements of the High Tech Early College mission and vision. Student shadow days begin Tuesday, November 8 and occur every Tuesday and Friday through Jan. 27*. Please call (720) 424-2466 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to meeting you!
*Please note that these dates may change due to testing.
Middle Schools and 8th Grade Representatives can call and schedule a dedicated tour/shadow day for their school. Middle schools with AVID programming are highly encouraged to tour HTEC.